The 98-kilometer Cam Lo-La Son section, which connects the central provinces of Quang Tri and Thua Thien Hue, will have four lanes with a width of 23 meters. On opening to traffic in 2021, the expressway will allow speed up to 80 kilometers per hour. At the project’s inauguration ceremony, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc reminded the Ministry of Construction, the project’s management board, and contractors to “fully realize their responsibilities, stick to schedule, ensure work quality, and combat violations and corruption in capital construction investment.” The Ministry of Transport will continue to complete procedures to start work on the remaining sections of the North-South Expressway, two of which are wholly state-funded and another eight are in the form of public-private partnerships. Currently, Vietnam has nearly 1,000 km of expressways, and expects to build another 900 km by the end of 2021. Between 2021 and 2025, the government aims to build an additional 2,000 km of expressway, the PM added. The Cam Lo-La Son section, one of three state-funded sections of the North-South Expressway, is a key project for the Ministry of Transport this year. The other two are the Cao Bo-Mai Son Expressway in the north and My Thuan 2… Read full this story
- Lonely Planet names Vietnam’s north-south rail journey among world’s best
- Apprenticeship levy will deepen north-south divide, IPPR says
- Rabalais: The easiest day of Scott Woodward's time as LSU AD is over -- now hard work begins
- MCC gym demolition work begins; to pave way for closed stands at Chidambaram stadium
- US Seeks China’s Support in Denuclearizing North, South Korea - Official
- Work begins on causeway on Swarna
- Southern expressway to open to traffic in September
- Tories neglected the north for 10 years. ‘Levelling up’ must happen now
- South Korea to investigate North Korean women's 'mass defection'
- North Korea still enhancing its nuclear programs and evading sanctions, U.N. report says
Work begins on first section of North-South expressway have 312 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 16, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.