Directed and written by Le Quy Duong, the piece is an imaginative story reflecting the urgent problems facing the world such as child abduction, noise pollution, poverty, ocean disputes and war. Artist Nguyễn Xuân Long plays the role of American Dragon. Puppeteer Nguyễn Xuân Long had been hidden behind the curtain at Thăng Long Water Puppetry Theatre for more than 10 years, charged with controlling the puppet of an old man catching fish. He had never appeared in front of the audience before, but that’s all changed with the release of Mơ Rồng (Dragon’s Dream), a new experimental work produced by the theatre. Directed and written by Lê Quý Dương, the piece is an imaginative story reflecting the urgent problems facing the world such as child abduction, noise pollution, poverty, ocean disputes and war. In the performance, Tễu, a popular character in Vietnamese water puppetry, joins Dragon Thăng Long on a journey around the world to solve these problems and send messages of peace and solidarity. Dragon Thăng Long is inspired by architecture and fine arts from the Lý Dynasty (10th century). Other characters like Crocodile, Giraffe, Fire Dragon and Water Dragon take the characteristics of the continents they come from or the way they are described in the tales. Director Dương said it had… Read full this story
- Country towns close to reaching 'day zero', as water supplies dry up in the drought
- Chinese ships attempt to stage scenes of ‘being attacked by Vietnamese boats’
- Youth shows featured in Sugar Land
- Vendee Globe: 'Helpless in the water' -- 1,000 kilometers from land
- Armidale residents donate water to save trees in heritage-listed park as drought continues
- World Water Council's Braga: Water crises could be coming to your backyard
- Here's How You Can Use Rice Water For Acne Reduction
- Incredible Ways You Did Not Know Rice Water Can Change Your Skin & Hair!
- wonder.land review – occasionally dazzling, often garbled
- New play stages the 'temporary lives' on zero-hours contracts
Water puppeteers find dry land on stage have 343 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 29, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.