Rediff.com’s Syed Firdaus Ashraf and Hitesh Harisinghani speak to millennials to find out if the ease of ride-sharing apps like Ola and Uber was a reason for them not buying a car. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman shocked one and all earlier this week by stating that the auto industry was facing a crisis because millennials were not buying cars thanks to the proliferation of Uber and Ola ride-sharing services. Though statistics show otherwise (external link), when Rediff.com quizzed millennials they agreed with the finance minister’s statement and said there was no point in buying cars. Some added that because there was an economic slowdown they would rather wait and buy a car, but anyway they don’t feel the urgency to do so as the ride-sharing apps are doing good. Vidha SharmaSoft skills trainer Watch the video of Vidha Sharma here“Living in Mumbai provides us with lot of public transport options. They are more economical and you don’t have to bother about parking space. Traffic is also crazy so I would rather take the train.” “I want to buy a car in 2-3 years but it will be more of a milestone achievement. But before buying a car I will have to… Read full this story
- Ola to go for business restructuring to step-up focus on core-taxi service
- Delhi Pollution: No Surge Pricing By Uber, Ola During Odd-Even, Says CM Kejriwal
- Uber UK strike: users urged not to cross 'digital picket line'
- Nirmala Sitharaman ranks 34th in Forbes' powerful women list
- ET Startup Awards 2018: When Ola's Bhavish Aggarwal and Uber's Madhu Kannan hung out together
- Uber gifts 25% price cut as Diwali gift to Delhi users
- Indian Finance Minister Skirts Media Questions on Economy, But Slams Gandhi's 'Rape in India' Remark
- Woman raped by Uber driver in India sues company for privacy breaches
- Uber slows down on driver sign amidst service tax and RBI investigations
- Ola lays off around 500 employees, more job losses ahead: Report
WATCH! Millennials react to Sitharaman's Ola-Uber remark have 333 words, post on www.rediff.com at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.