|In nearly one hour after hitting the shelves, more than 500kg of imported fresh longan were sold to retailers|
In nearly one hour after hitting the shelves, more than 500kg of imported fresh longan were sold to retailers.
Fresh longan of Vietnam is being sold in 26 supermarkets and stores in Melbourne and a supermarket chain in Adelaide in South Australia state.
Speaking at the ceremony marking the debut of fresh longan in the Australian market, head of the Vietnam Trade Office in Australia Nguyen Phu Hoa said the fruit was exported to the Land of the Kangaroos within just two weeks after obtaining an import licence of the country's Department of Agriculture.
He spoke highly of efforts made by Green Path, the first company to ship the Vietnamese specialty to Australia, in satisfying standards of one of the world's most demanding markets.
Vietnamese farm produce's quality has been improved, enabling produce to enter many markets worldwide, thereby raising farmers' livelihoods and export turnover of the country, head of the Vietnam Trade Office in Australia Hoa added.
Meanwhile, director of Green Path Australia Anna Le said the company has plans to increase the import volume of the fruit to meet consumer's demand. In the coming time, the company will work to ship longan to all Australian major cities, she noted.
On August 29, the Australian Department of Agriculture handed over to Vietnam the permit to ship Vietnamese longan to Australia, making longan the fourth kind of Vietnamese fruit to enter the market, following litchi, mango and dragon fruit.
With a population of 25 million people, Australia spends US$ 600 billion on imports each year. It is viewed as a potential market for the export of Vietnam's staples, especially farm produce.
- Vietnamese culture day held in Czech Republic
- European Heritage Days offer free visits to rarely opened sites
- Vietnam, Australia express concern over situation in East Vietnam Sea
- First-ever All Women Cheffes Gourmet Festival held in Saigon
- Big Hit on the hunt for Vietnamese talent to join K-pop girl group
- Ceremonies held overseas to mark Vietnam’s 74th National Day
- ‘Day of Pho’ to be held in Hanoi next week
- Visitors taste pho in cold, rainy weather at Day of Pho in Hanoi
- Australia shares experience in innovation, startups
- Vietnamese parents spend big on summer courses for children
- OV community in Poland commemorate Hanoi’s Liberation Day
- Vietnam Startup Day 2019 welcomes several innovative ideas
- Hai shines again to earn Vietnam a shocking win over Australia
- Musician wants to take Vietnamese jazz global
- Vietcombank given greenlight to open branch in Australia
- Vietnamese cuisine promoted in Thailand
- Dragon dance festival held to celebrate Liberation Day
- Vietnamese, Lao youth work together to promote bilateral ties
- Vietnamese hoop dreams with Moe Ager
- England pull away from Australia with second-half surge
Vietnamese Longan Day held in Australia have 456 words, post on ven.vn at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.