Hanoi (VNA) – A visiting Japanese delegation visited Vietnam’s Sapper Brigade 249 on September 11 to review preparations for the two countries’ upcoming training course in operating heavy military machinery for sappers.
The course, slated for later this year and the second of its kind, is part of a triangular partnership project among Vietnam, Japan and the UN to boost the peacekeeping capacity of Vietnam’s military engineering units for its future peacekeeping mission.
At the visit, the delegation toured the brigade’s drill ground, training locations, infrastructure, and equipment. The drill ground that spans nearly 15 hectares is ready to serve the operation of heavy-duty equipment during the course.
Head of the delegation Lieutenant Colonel Akenko Shingo from the staff office of the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force said he is pleased with the preparation made by Vietnam.
The same day, the Japanese guests had a working session at the Vietnam Department of Peacekeeping Operations.
Director of the department Major General Hoang Kim Phung thanked Japan for supporting Vietnam within the framework of the triangular partnership project.
He affirmed that the two countries’ cooperation related to the UN peacekeeping mission plays an increasing important role and has become a pillar in their defence ties. Such collaboration has been included in the agenda of the sides’ deputy ministerial-level defence dialogue.
Vietnam hopes to learn from Japan’s and international lecturers’ peacekeeping experience in meeting UN’s standards and procedures, particularly when the country plans to send a large number of sappers, at around 290, to carry out the mission.
For his part, Akenko Shingo stated Japan is ready to assist Vietnam in deploying it engineer unit for UN peacekeeping mission via experience sharing and training support./.
- Vietnam-Japan university rectors’ conference opens
- Vietnam-Japan Cooperation Committee convenes 10th meeting
- Australian training course helps improve Vietnamese slaughtering techniques
- Contributions to Vietnam-Japan ties by East Asian Community Institute President praised
- Vietnam-Japan economic cooperation dialogue held in Tokyo
- Labour productivity key to Vietnam - Japan Initiative
- Specialty MED Launches Online Training Course for Regenerative Hair Regrowth Combination Therapy Protocols for Cellular Hair Regrowth
- Japanese official lauds prospects of Vietnam-Japan ties
- Vietnam holds a training course on youth work for Lao officers
- Vietnam-Japan promote cooperation in overcoming war consequences