The event in 2017 honored 102 rural industrial products.
These products include 19 handicrafts; 54 agricultural, forestry, fishery and food commodities; 18 machinery apparatuses and 19 other products.
Vice Head of the agency Hoang Chinh Nghia said commodities qualified for the event are those meeting requirements of customers and capable of production expansion, while proving strong competitiveness against comparable products, creating jobs and steady sources of income for locals.
Those certified as national outstanding rural industrial products would be included in the national industrial encouragement program for production expansion and quality enhancement.
Enterprises also have the opportunity to join trade promotion activities both in the country and abroad.
This is the third time such event has been held. The first one took place in 2005 with a total of 100 products selected, and second with 102 products in 2017.
The term of outstanding rural industrial products is stipulated in government’s Decree No.45 on industrial encouragement, categorizing those products made by rural industrial facilities, which are of high quality and usability, show potential for production development and market expansion, satisfy some basic economic, technical and social criteria on the use of raw materials, employment creation, and satisfy the requirements for environmental protection.
- Vinh Phuc: 8-month industrial production index up 11.8 percent
- Innovation centre crucial for Vietnam to move forward with Industry 4.0: PM
- German exports, industrial production up slightly in May
- Steel producers urged to enhance product quality to compete
- Vietnam, Mexico seek partnership in food industry
- Vietnam strives to realise goal of becoming powerful marine nation
- Workshop discusses transforming Vietnam’s digital economy in 4IR
- Vietnam needs to be more proactive in using products from US: experts
- HCM City to host Vietnam– Singapore Business Forum
- Combined efforts needed to enhance access to Industry 4.0