Deputy Minister of Science and Technology Pham Cong Tac speaking at the launch ceremony. (Credit: VNA)
Addressing the launch ceremony, Vietnamese Ambassador to Germany Nguyen Minh Vu emphasised that Germany is always one of the most important partners of Vietnam in the EU and Vietnam is one of the three largest trade partners of Germany in ASEAN.
Vu noted that the two countries have a valuable asset for promoting bilateral relations including about 100,000 Vietnamese who studied and worked in Germany and a community of 170,000 Vietnamese who are successfully integrating into Germany society.
The Ambassador said that the Vietnamese Government identified science, technology and innovation as the driving force to boost the national economy and enhance competitiveness and international integration amid the booming industrial revolution 4.0.
Vu expressed his pleasure to witness the participation of more than 100 Vietnamese scientists, technology experts and entrepreneurs who are studying and working in Germany together with large German and Vietnamese corporations at the launch of the network.
Vu said that the Vietnamese Embassy always supports the initiative of establishing the innovation network and expects that the network will be a forum to connect Vietnamese and German scientific intellectuals, technology experts and companies to contribute to the breakthrough and prosperous development of both Vietnam and Germany.
Deputy Minister of Science and Technology Pham Cong Tac said that the establishment of the network will contribute to implement the science and technology cooperation agreement between Vietnam and Germany signed in Berlin in April 2019.
Tac added that through the network, more joint research projects will be carried out to boost bilateral cooperation on innovation.
- Vietnam Veterans Unbroken: Book Launch
- Koch network launching 4 PACs, open to backing some Dems in 2020
- Will ACC Network launch have limited audience?
- Earth Networks launches weather alert app for organizations
- New ACC Network leaning on campus-built broadcast facilities
- Is Huawei a Security Threat? Vietnam Isn’t Taking Any Chances
- Vietnam Sees Its Future in 5G
- Aspen Institute Health Innovators Fellowship Selects Fifth Class
- InterDigital to Demo Innovative Video Solutions at SIGGRAPH
- Ohio University Southern launches business incubator