A section of Sơn La – Tuý Loan Highway runs through Thừa Thiên-Huế Province. — VNA/VNS Photo Hồ Cầu HÀ NỘI — The transport ministry announced on Monday they would cancel open international bidding for eight projects of the North-South expressway, in favour of homegrown investors. The decision was made on the consensus reached after consulting relevant agencies, transport ministry said in an announcement sent to the media, adding that it would adjust pre-qualification bidding invitations to better suit open domestic bids for eight public-private-partnership (PPP) projects for the eastern section of the trans-Việt Nam highway. The ministry’s project management boards had received 60 applications as of the end of July, two months after the international bidding invitation. Four of the projects did not have investors that passed the prequalification requirements; two projects had only one; one project had two; and one project had three, according to the report made by the procuring entity and State agencies. “The number of investors passing this stage was not high, leading to a lack of competition,” the ministry said. As a result, the projects for the eastern section of the North-South Expressway are being re-examined to take into account global and regional disputes and national security concerns, as well as the empowerment of domestic enterprises. Domestic investors, according to the ministry, are fully capable of implementing construction sub-projects for the expressway project. However,… Read full this story
- Are only Chinese investors interested in the north-south express railway?
- Trump reportedly wanted to cancel summit before North Korea's Kim Jong Un could
- Bremmer: The US could be the biggest loser in a North-South Korea peace treaty
- IRS Issues Guidance on “North-South” Transactions
- SKorea Media: June 1 North-South Meeting Back On
- Boys' hockey notebook: North-South Classic moves to Brainerd this year
- DOT/PHMSA Proposes to Harmonize U.S. Lithium Battery Transport Requirements With International Standards
- Texas House approves renaming part of North Central Expressway in Richardson
- Pompeo cautions 'more work to be done' after North, South Korea announce new pact
- Tips for Israeli Entrepreneurs Seeking U.S. Investors
Transport ministry cancelled international bidding for North-South Expressway, seeks bids from domestic investors have 349 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 25, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.