Tra Vinh (VNA) – The Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism of the Mekong Delta province of Tra Vinh opened the Con Chim community-based tourism site in Chau Thanh district on September 9.
With natural and farming areas spanning 60 and 34 ha respectively, Con Chim, a large dune on Co Chien river, has a population of 220. The site has clean air and green landscapes, while local livelihoods revolve around rice cultivation and aquatic farming.
Since May this year, 15 tours to Con Chim have been sold on a trial basis to test local tourism capacity, receiving praise for service quality from travel agencies and tourists.
Vice Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Nguyen Trung Hoang said authorities have been helping families, organisations and individuals develop tourism.
Accordingly, households investing in homestay services with between two and five rooms are supported with 30 million VND (1,295 USD) per room and have 50 percent of their lending interest subsidised under specific conditions.
The investment in restaurants with areas spanning 200m2 and above to serve more than 100 guests at a time receives 500,000 VND per square metre; and the maximum fund is 200 million VND.
Meanwhile, the purchase of transport vessels able to carry more than 20 passengers each will see 10 percent of costs financed, with maximum funding of 50 million VND. -VNA
- New sculptures to be unveiled at geo-tourism site
- Hampshire Healthwatch launches community cash fund
- Cundiff: Guam's Community Based Outpatient Clinic for veterans is improving
- Magpie Takes Flight: China Launches Communications Satellite to Moon’s Far Side
- One Okehampton launches community lunches at weekly Sunday markets
- Site of first UK spaceport revealed as Sutherland in Scotland to host rocket and satellite launches – and space tourism
- Chilling photos reveal world’s most morbid ‘dark tourism’ sites where visitors go to marvel at mummies, mass graves and death camps
- New-look Quilly hall ‘perfect’ community base
- Fire Service launches community firefighters recruitment drive
- From pub to mosque? Ilford community centre on site of former pub seeks planning permission