Tottenham midfielder Giovani Lo Celso will be sidelined until late October after injuring a hip on international duty with Argentina.
|Tottenham midfielder Giovani Lo Celso will be out until the end of October. (AFP/Daniel LEAL-OLIVAS)|
Lo Celso suffered the damage during Argentina’s 0-0 friendly draw against Chile in Los Angeles last week.
The 23-year-old was forced to withdraw from the Argentina squad and is back at his Premier League club for treatment.
“Giovani Lo Celso has returned early to Hotspur Way after being withdrawn from the Argentina squad due to a hip injury,” said a statement on Tottenham’s website.
“The attacking midfielder sustained the injury during his national team’s match against Chile. He will now undergo a period of rehabilitation and is expected to return to training with the first team towards the end of October.”
Lo Celso’s injury is a fresh blow to Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino after his side’s spluttering start to the season, which includes just one win from four league games.
The highly-rated Lo Celso has made three substitute appearances since arriving from Real Betis on a season-long loan on transfer deadline day, with a view to a permanent move.
- Passport services available at Los Altos library in October
- Erik Lamela looks set to quit Tottenham and join River Plate in the summer as he ‘has family issues back in Argentina’
- Police officer acquitted on 5 of 6 counts from October incident
- Los Angeles County reports 1st pot vaping-related death
- San Jose’s Los Tigres Del Norte receives key to the city
- 45 things to do in Cleveland this October
- Tottenham have just a five per cent chance of winning the Premier League this season, according to the numbers
- Tottenham star Jan Vertonghen signs new three-year deal as Mauricio Pochettino continues to tie down stars to new contracts
- U.K. court rules Johnson's suspension of Parliament unlawful
- The first cannabis cafe in the U.S. opens in Los Angeles