|Vietnam’s top badminton player Nguyen Tien Minh (Photo: T.P./Tuoi Tre)|
During the second round of the men’s singles event on September 12, Tien Minh, world No. 62, recorded a 2-0 victory over No.8 seed Chico Aura Dwi Wardoyo of Indonesia, world No.57.
During the first set, the Indonesian led Tien Minh 4-0, 6-1, 13-9, and 15-11. Despite this early setback, Tien Minh displayed his considerable talents to turn the tables on Chico Aura Dwi Wardoyo, eventually going on to win the first set with a score of 21-15.
He maintained his strong form in the second set by recording a score of 21-14. The match finished in just 33 minutes with a final score of 2-0 in favour of the Vietnamese player.
In the tournament’s third round Tien Minh will face off against Li Shi Feng of China, world No.77.
Elsewhere in the competition’s second round, two other Vietnamese players, Pham Cao Cuong and Nguyen Hai Dang suffered defeats at the hands of Malaysian Jun Yan Ng and Hsueh Hsuan Yi of Taiwan, respectively.
- Ho Chi Minh Trail Vietnam, from soldier's road to tourist highway
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 13
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 14
- World Cup qualifiers: Vietnam earns second victory
- President Ho Chi Minh’s testament under discussion in Russia
- METALEX Vietnam 2019 officially kicked off
- Monkey business: Vietnam macaque island draws tourists -- and criticism
- Open-top buses fail to attract tourists
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 15
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 15