At the 7th RCEP Ministerial Meeting in Thailand in September (Photo: VNA) Bangkok (VNA) – Thailand will hold bilateral negotiations with Japan, New Zealand and India in an attempt to finish talks on the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) by November. Local media quoted Auramon Supthaweethum, Director-General of the Trade Negotiations Department of Thailand, as saying that the country has scheduled bilateral negotiations with the three partners during the RCEP trade negotiating committee’s meeting set for Vietnam’s central city of Da Nang later this month, to thrash out differences on contentious issues such as opening markets for sensitive goods and services. The RCEP initiative was launched in November 2012 with the aim of boosting economic cooperation between 10 ASEAN countries and six dialogue partners, namely China, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Australia, India and New Zealand. Negotiators from all the participating countries have concluded talks on seven articles from a total of 20, including customs and trade facilitation; state procurement; economic and technical cooperation; and small- and medium-sized enterprises. The 13 remaining articles concern various issues such as intellectual property rights, telecommunications and market expansion for goods, services and investment. The talks have been hampered by a lack of… Read full this story
- Editor ousted for criticizing Thailand's military government
- Report: Harley-Davidson Laying Off Hundreds of American Workers, Sending Jobs to Thailand
- CIA nominee says torture doesn’t work
- Everyone will be talking 5G at MWC, but don't expect it to be sexy
- Qualcomm Simulates 5G in San Francisco and the Speeds are 🔥
- SpaceX crisis as Elon Musk fires 'at least seven' of the senior management team working on his plan to create a network of satellites to beam the internet to Earth
- This Founder Says You Should Never 'Work' -- Only Pursue Your Hobby
- Affordable Android beats iPhone X in new speed test
- Why Don't We Have Super-High-Speed Rail Already?
- Do Speed-Reading Apps Really Work?
Thailand works to speed up RCEP talks have 318 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.