Flood triggered by heavy rains in Ubon Ratchathani province of Thailand (Photo: AFP/VNA) Bangkok (VNA) – Floods and landslides caused by tropical storms and monsoon since late August have killed 34 people and affected the lives of more than 400,000 people in 32 northern and northeastern provinces of Thailand. Chayaphol Thitisak, Director General of the Thai Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM), said tropical storms “Podul” and “Kajiki,” as well as the southwest monsoon in the Andaman Sea and Gulf of Thailand since Aug. 29 caused floods and landslides in 7,115 villages in 182 districts, affecting 418,549 households. As of September 19, more than 20,000 victims in four northeastern provinces are still awaiting evacuations from floods. According to Chayaphol, the DDPM is collaborating with military and local offices to evacuate the victims Apart from deploying means of transport to help evacuate villagers from their homes along with their belongings, the DDPM have installed several water pumps to help divert floodwater from critical areas, as well as providing food, drinking water and survival kits to flood victims. Also on September 19, Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-cha made an inspection tour of Ubon Ratchathani province, one of the four localities hit hardest by… Read full this story
- New Year's crash on US 180 between Deming and Silver City claims two lives
- Avalanches in western US claim the lives of two more skiers
- Sevierville to open exhibit on Civil War battle that claimed 265 lives on 155th anniversary
- Violence claimed 30 lives in Knox County in 2018. Here are those cases.
- Tech giants under fire as video of mosque terror attack that claimed 49 lives spreads worldwide
- Chicago Hospital Shooting Claims Four Lives Including Police Officer Who Was Father Of Three Children
- GOP staffer claims to live on food stamps without problems, suggests cutting more
- ‘One of New Zealand’s darkest days’ as racist manifesto unearthed in mosque massacres that claim 49 lives
- Chicago hospital shooting claims 3 lives; gunman also dead
- Report: Florida School Shooting Claims Multiple Lives
Thailand: floods claim 34 lives have 324 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.