Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh (centre) and the six newly-appointed ambassadors (Photo: VNA) Six diplomats received appointment decisions on September 20 to serve as ambassadors for the 2019-2022 tenure. At a ceremony in Hanoi, on behalf of President Nguyen Phu Trong, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh handed over the decisions. Accordingly, Pham Sao Mai will be Vietnamese Ambassador to China and Micronesia; Le Thi Tuyet Mai Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Vietnam to the United Nations, the World Trade Organisation and other international organisations in Geneva (Switzerland); Le Hong Lam Ambassador to Norway; Pham Viet Chien Ambassador to Bangladesh; Nguyen Thanh Vinh Ambassador to Algeria, Mali, Senegal, Sahrawi, Niger and Gambia; and Luong Quoc Thinh Ambassador to Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Togo, Cameroon, Chad, and Liberia. Congratulating the ambassadors on their assignments, Deputy PM and Foreign Minister Minh expressed his hope that they will continue helping to enhance Vietnam’s relations with the countries in all aspects, from politics, security, defence, economy, trade to culture. He also asked them to help build the Vietnamese embassies into a trustworthy source of support for overseas Vietnamese people and businesses. On behalf of the newly-appointed diplomats, Ambassador Pham… Read full this story
- Diplomat Tirumurti arrives in NY to assume charge as India’s new Ambassador to UN
- Old Faces, New Positions: Who's Who in Israel's 35th Government
- China's ambassador to Israel, 58, is found dead in bed at his Tel Aviv apartment just three months into the job
- Nikki Haley confirmed by Senate as ambassador to the United Nations
- Is US ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell set to step down?
- Staunch Trump ally Richard Grenell to end tumultuous tenure as U.S. Ambassador to Germany
- NxGn Sports Interactive ropes in Sunil Chhetri as brand ambassador for Twelfth Man
- 'Dhing Express' Hima Das named brand ambassador of Gatorade
- Dual US-UN Roles Mean Heavy Workload for New Israeli Envoy
- Donald Trump launches furious new barrage of claims that his campaign was 'spied on' by the Obama administration - ignoring death toll approaching 100,000
Six new ambassadors appointed have 347 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.