According to the Vietnam Maritime Search and Rescue Coordination Center (MRCC), Dorde Perunovic, a 50-year-old from Montenegro, was aboard the Panamanian ship MSC Esthi when he suffered a stroke. The incident happened as the ship was in the southern waters off of the Hoang Sa archipelago, also known as the Paracel islands.
The ship had been on route to China from Singapore, but with the life of the sailor in danger, the captain immediately sent a mayday signal to the MRCC.
Upon receiving the alert, the centre contacted the vessel and instructed the ship’s personnel to provide first aid to the crewmember. It also mobilised Ship SAR 412, along with a medical team from the Da Nang city Health Emergency Center and sent them directly to the scene.
Upon approaching the vessel, the joint forces could successfully give the sailor emergency aid before moving him to Ship SAR 412 which took him to the port of Da Nang.
The centre also collaborated with local authorities in order to finalize necessary procedures to return the fisherman to his home country.
- Rescue volunteers save newborn kittens born near burned-down IHOP in Chesapeake
- He survived a kamikaze hit that sunk his Navy destroyer, strafing and saved another sailor
- Ferry collides in Philippines – Rescue teams save hundreds from drowning
- Character count: 74Enter title here 16 Things You Didn’t Know About Sailor Moon And Tuxedo Mask’s Relationship
- Foreigner found dead at Da Nang building
- Danang Museum to hold Tet market session
- Sailor Moon SuperS: The Movie Hits Blu-ray, DVD This Month
- Dangerous Thai Cave Rescue Resumes: More Already Saved On Monday
- 4900 Migrants Rescued by CBP, Border Patrol in 2019
- Chihuahua race raises money to save dogs from high kill shelters