Eagleville, PA – Project HOPE, a program of Family Services of Montgomery County, celebrated 30 years of advances in HIV/AIDS education and prevention on Wednesday, September 18.
In partnership with the AIDS Fund, Project HOPE hosted a commemoration at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown. Montgomery County Commissioner Valerie Arkoosh and Robb Reichard, Executive Director of the AIDS Fund spoke at the event, as well as Tim O’Connell, Executive Director of Family Services of Montgomery County and Viviann Schorle, Program Director for Project HOPE.
A proclamation from the County Commissioners recognizing Family Services of Montgomery County was presented to the organization during the ceremony.
Governor Tom Wolf also provided acclamation to Project HOPE for their advancements and recognizes September 18 as HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day.
“I commend the Family Services of Montgomery County’s support of their community, and am confident that this organization will continue to serve the commonwealth with distinction for many years to come.”
About Project HOPE
Project HOPE (HIV/AIDS Outreach Prevention Education) began in 1989 as a demonstration project for case management to assist those infected with HIV/AIDS in Montgomery County. Project HOPE improves the lives of those living with HIV/AIDS and those at risk for the disease by providing medical case management, HIV testing, prevention education and outreach.
About Family Services of Montgomery County
Since 1900, Family Services has been caring for individuals in Montgomery County who face every day emotional difficulties or physical hardships. Our many innovative social service programs make a positive difference in the lives of 12,500 Montgomery County residents each year.
For more information on Family Services of Montgomery County, please contact:
Stephanie Curci, Director of Marketing and Communications
610-630-2111 ext. 227
- Jair Bolsonaro’s contentious first year in office
- FARC Wants You to Come Stay in the Jungle—Voluntarily
- The Long Swim: Lewis Pugh's daily blog
- 207 Unforgettable Comedy Moments From the 2010s
- BOLD WOMAN: Lawyer Amy Ochiel thrives on multitasking
- President Pranab's address to Parliament: The transcript
- David Hogg, After Parkland
- Billboard Cover: 24 Hours With Ed Sheeran as He Launches New Label, Talks Third Album and Pops Bottles Courtesy of Beyonce
- The day Czech Republic held four world records in cricket
- ‘Ghost Stories’: United in horror
- Blue House Civic Studio's 'Mixed Media' tackles imprisonment, and life after, through art
- The ‘Ghost Stories’ directors' roundtable: United in horror
Project HOPE Celebrates 30 Years of Progress have 382 words, post on patch.com at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.