|Head coach Philippe Troussier|
During a press conference hosted by the VFF in Hanoi on September 10, Philippe Troussier was officially named as manager of Vietnam’s U19s, replacing Hoang Anh Tuan who resigned following a poor showing in the recent AFF U18 Championship.
The 64-year-old Frenchman is to lead the national U19 side in the 2020 AFC U19 Championship qualifiers, with Vietnam set to host the tournament which is scheduled to take place in early November. The nation will play fixtures against Mongolia, Guam, and Japan with a target of progressing to the final round already in place.
In addition to his new role with the U19 team, Philippe Troussier will continue as the Technical Director of the Promotion Fund of Vietnamese Football Talents Football Club, also known as the PVF academy.
He has vast experience to draw upon, having previously coached six national teams, including the Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Qatar, Morocco, South Africa, and Japan. Some of his notable achievements include leading South Africa to the finals of the 1998 World Cup, winning the 2000 Asian Cup with Japan, in addition to finishing as runner-up of the 2002 Confederations Cup, and making it to the second round of the 2002 World Cup.
- Red River's Dickey names new coaches in three sports
- Junior hockey: Wilderness name new coach
- June Jones Named Head Coach of Houston's XFL Team
- Lortie named new girls basketball coach
- Lucero to be named new Stamford schools superintendent
- Watervliet names new police chief
- Katy ISD asking the public to help name new high school
- Realizing Children's Strengths Names New Board Members
- Albany Med names new president, CEO
- AU Health names new CEO