Delegates at the inauguration ceremony (Photo: VNA)
The plant was invested in by Solar Power Ninh Thuan Company with a total capital of VND1.13 trillion (over US$48.77 million). It has a designed production capacity of 50MWp.
With 151,440 solar panels, the plant was first connected to the national grid in June 2019.
It is expected to generate nearly 80 million MWh of electricity per year, meeting the demand of roughly 22,000 households.
According to Le Van Binh, Vice Chairman of Ninh Thuan provincial People’s Committee, the success of renewable energy projects in the province has contributed to the optimisation of investment resources and boosting clean energy development in Ninh Thuant.
These projects have also helped to create more jobs, increase local budget collection and realise the target of developing Ninh Thuan into a renewable energy centre of Vietnam, he stressed.
Currently, there are 15 solar power projects in Ninh Thuan have been connected to the national grid with a combined capacity of 1,063 MW. Four more similar projects with a combined capacity of 140 MW are scheduled to be inaugurated at the end of this year.
- PM adds solar power plant project to national power development plan
- Railway land to be given for 500 MW solar power plants to meet its traction needs
- Solar power plant added to national power strategy
- Letters to the Editor: Building solar power plants that trample desert habitat isn’t progress
- Singareni enters solar power generation
- Vietnamese Government indecisive about solar power price, investors cautious
- U.S. coal-fired power plants closing fast despite Trump's pledge of support for industry
- Kiran Energy Solar Power, ReNew Power Ventures and Bharat Light & Power make headway in the renewable energy sector
- Neyveli Lignite Corp. commissions 709 megawatt solar power project
- Earthquake of magnitude 4.5 felt near Iran nuclear power plant: USGS