Ngần Ngọc Nghĩa (centre) will be the only Vietnamese runner at the World Athletics Championships in Qatar. — Photo webthethao.vn
HÀ NỘI — Ngần Ngọc Nghĩa will be Việt Nam’s only representative at the World Athletics Championships that started yesterday in Qatar.
20-year-old Nghĩa will compete in the men’s 100m event. He took gold at the National Championships on September 16 with a time of 10.71sec.
He is also the national record holder with a time of 10.47.
The tournament will welcome more than 2,000 competitors from 209 countries and territories competing in 24 different events at the renovated multi-purpose Khalifa International Stadium in Doha.
Due to the hot weather, all the events will begin at 4pm local time and the marathon will be held at midnight for the first time. The competition will also see the debut of the 4x400m mixed relay.
It is the most important event of the year for track-and-field athletes, and will act as a qualifier for the Tokyo Olympics in 2020. — VNS
- Viet Nam win Asian championship
- Martial Artist Represents Viet Nam at Miss International
- Viet Nam, World Bank strengthen cooperation
- Tien Doan to Represent Viet Nam Vie at Mister International
- Minh, Trang represent Việt Nam at Australian Open
- Việt Nam win Asian championship final’s berth
- Viet Nam target improved showing
- Lệ represents Việt Nam at 9-Ball World Championship
- Vietnamese athlete wins silver at World Taekwondo Championships
- Records set up at national athletics championship