A large-scale meth production ring has been busted in the central highlands province of Kon Tum.
Headquarters of the Dong An Vien Company in Kon Tum Province
Speaking at a press conference on combating transnational drug crime held on Tuesday in Hanoi, Colonel Vu Van Hau at the Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security said that the case was carried out in a joint operation between Vietnamese and Chinese police on August 6.
The raid was carried out at a factory of Dong An Vien Export and Import Company in Dak Ha District, Kon Tum Province where police found and seized hundreds of litres of meths, 13 tonnes of chemicals and about 20 tonnes of machinery and devices used for producing methamphetamine.
10 people were arrested including eight Chinese nationals and two Vietnamese.
Hau said the number of drug-related crimes has been increased remarkably in Vietnam and Southeast region.
“International criminal organisations are taking advantage of the country’s geographical location to produce drugs for domestic consumption as well as export to other countries”, he told the conference.
Authorities in Vietnam busted over 13,000 cases related to drug trafficking and production in the first nine months of this year, arresting 20,000 suspects and seizing tonnes of synthetic drugs and uncovering many cross-border drug rings that were led by foreigners.
- Border guards in Kon Tum seize 66 kg of illegal firecrackers
- Kon Tum midwife changes minds, saves lives
- Epilepsy and Marijuana: Cannabis Drug Reduces Dravet Syndrome Seizures in Large-Scale Clinical Trial
- Large-scale study 'shows neonic pesticides harm bees'
- 'Large-scale illegal gun factory' found on Sussex industrial estate
- Scientific Visualization of Large-Scale, Unstructured Data in Real Time for Faster Discoveries
- JD(U) escalates attack on BJP over large-scale land purchases in Bihar ahead of demonetisation
- Tuesday evening news briefing: Labour under fire over claim it was hit by 'large scale' cyber attack
- How To Mediate With A Neighbour That Uses Terrorism As Large Scale Industry: EAM S Jaishankar
- Party top body instructs close scrutiny of large-scale gamble case in Phu Tho