In a move that would result in the largest health system in the Gulf South, Lafayette General Health System announced Wednesday it is seeking a merger with Ochsner Health System.The board of trustees of both health systems signed a letter of intent for the merger Wednesday morning, Lafayette General announced. Both organizations will now enter into a period of due diligence and seek required regulatory approvals, which could take several months.If approved, the merger is expected to be finalized in spring 2020. There will not be a name change in the near future, but David Callecod, Lafayette General Health president and CEO, said there will likely be dual branding for the hospital in the future.Board members expressed excitement over the opportunities the partnership would bring to health care in Acadiana.”We’re operating from a position of strength,” Callecod said. “This is the natural next step in our partnership and provides a unique opportunity to enhance services.”As part of the agreement, Lafayette General will become the regional health care hub in southwest Louisiana for the statewide health system. In return, Ochsner will invest $365 million in additional capital and resources in Acadiana over the next 10 years, $240 million of which is expected to… Read full this story
- AAF gets $250 million investment from Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon, dismisses report of financial difficulty
- Official: GM Announces 365-Million-Share IPO to Raise $13 Billion – Are You In?
- GM Expands Cruise Automation With $14 Million Investment
- Md. attorney general seeks to shut down Everest investment-advice business
- Uber Expanding Autonomous And AI Operations With $150 Million Investment In Canada
- Is GM Hinting at More LT-Powered Performance With $44-Million Investment in Bowling Green?
- Keith Alexander's IronNet nets $32.5 million investment
- GM Moves $245 Million Investment From Michigan to Kansas Plant
- Future Chevrolet Colorado Plant Gets $133 Million Investment
- Saab Ties Up With New Chinese Company, May Receive $92 Million Investment
Lafayette General merger with Ochsner will bring $365 million investment to Acadiana have 312 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at September 25, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.