Moreover, the fatal disease infected 12 patients including a woman suffering from a severe abscess on her nose. The case was very rare and the hospital has treated such case for the first time, said Director of the hospitals’ Tropical Disease Center Dr. Do Duy Cuong. She was misdiagnosed as having sepsis caused by a staph infection at a local hospital. However, tests carried out by the center has shown that her wound was positive for Whitmore bacteria. The doctors had to completely change the treatment regimen; otherwise the patient could have died as Dr. Cuong said. After two weeks of treatment, her wound in the nose was better. However, she still undergoes further treatment in at least three months under close watch of doctors; if not, the disease will relapse. Dr. Cuong added that around 20 cases of Whitmore in five or ten years before but since the beginning of the year, the center has admitted 20 cases; mostly from the northern and central provinces. Melioidosis, also called Whitmore’s disease, is an infectious disease that can infect humans or animals. The disease is caused by the bacterium Burkholderia pseudomallei. It is predominately a disease of tropical climates, especially in… Read full this story
- Luis Ortiz keeps fighting toward title shot, cure for daughter's rare skin disease
- 50,000 People Die Each Year Due To Air Pollution In Britain
- Gene Therapy Restores Immunity In People With Rare Immunodeficiency Disorder
- Captain Jack, ‘king of kokanee’ at Shaver Lake, has died. He loved helping people fish
- Lucy Mecklenburgh looks incredible in a strappy floral dress as she joins Caroline Flack, Laura Whitmore and Georgia Toffolo at swanky hotel bash
- Poem: Dutch Elm Disease
- Top 10 Ways to Search Out Rare Finds
- Sports Wild celebrations in Hanoi as Vietnam win regional title Organ donor’s death brings new life to five others in Vietnam
- Sports Wild celebrations in Hanoi as Vietnam win regional title Look out, 2019!
- Sports Wild celebrations in Hanoi as Vietnam win regional title First tropical storm of 2019 threatens southern Vietnam
Four people die of rare Whitmore’s disease in North Vietnam have 340 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.