The activities will target young people, who are the ones that will be most affected by climate change. (Photo for illustration: tapchimoitruong.vn) The event will be co-organized by the European Union Mission to Vietnam, in association with the embassies of EU member countries and other partners, to strengthen the public awareness of climate change. Accordingly, the week will feature a series of meaningful activities, including the inauguration of a rooftop solar power system at Vo Thi Sau primary school, the solar power development project in Da Nang city, a seminar with students in Da Nang University, a cycling event, a screening of a film which highlights the impact of ocean warming on coral reefs and marine species, and a clean-up campaign at the foot of Long Bien bridge. The activities will target young people, who are the ones that will be most affected by climate change. Currently, climate change is an urgent issue. If we do not take specific actions to prevent its impact, it will increasingly affect young people’s future, as well future generations. Chargé d’affaires of the EU Delegation to Vietnam Axelle Nicaise lauded young people for their efforts to raise public awareness of climate change. “The future… Read full this story
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos pledges $10 billion to climate change fight
- Bezos pledges $10bn to fight climate change
- Amazon's Bezos pledges $10 billion to climate change fight
- Jeff Bezos: World's richest man pledges $10bn to fight climate change
- Coping with climate change in Vietnam's wetlands
- Climate change in northwest: saving the 'green lung'
- Climate change deniers have grasped that markets can't fix the climate
- State faces calls to act more swiftly on climate change
- Videos used by schools question minimum wage, climate change
- Maryland lawmakers unveil new climate change proposal
EU pledges to help Vietnam cope with climate change have 298 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.