This morning, the authorities came to the firm to collect waste left by the fire before conducting the decontamination.
According to Senior Lieutenant Colonel Nguyen Van Bong from Hanoi Capital City Special High Command of the People’s Army of Vietnam, the substances gathered from the site would be taken to a special treatment area to avoid environmental impacts.
Bong, however, said that he is not sure when the decontamination at the company and its surrounding areas would be totally completed.
Environmental workers took dust samples from the burnt-down warehouse company.
Equipment used for the waste and material collection after the fire
Workers from Urban Environment Company 10 also joined the work
A hefty number of light bulbs burnt down
The five-hour blaze on August 28 demolished a third of the inventory at the 6,000-square-metre warehouse belonging to the Rang Dong Light Source and Vacuum Flask JSC in Thanh Xuan Trung Ward, bringing about the loss of around VND150 billion (USD6.4 million).
- Judge Rejects Attempt To Block California’s New Light Bulb Efficiency Standards
- Best smart light bulbs for 2020 (plus switches, light strips, accessories and more)
- Ruling allows California to start enforcing efficiency standards for light bulbs
- What's behind Trump's nonsense on windmills and light bulbs
- Philips Hue or LIFX? Pick the Best Smart Light Bulb for Your Home
- Syria, Russian Firms Begin Work on Oil Exploration in Mediterranean - Presidential Adviser
- Repair work on debris-filled Kamothe underpass begins
- Residents near Hanoi warehouse fire exposed to mercury: environment ministry
- Heavy fog making driving tough? Get these impeccable fog lights and drive stress-free
- New code of conduct for brokers, securities firms