Hanoi FC and Vietnamese national team star, Doan Van Hau is set to join Dutch top division club SC Heerenveen under a one-year loan agreement.
Van Hau at the Abe Lenstra Stadion
The 20-year-old fullback, who plays as the left-wing-back for the national team arrived in the Netherlands, completed his medical check-up and is expected to sign the contract today, September 2.
Van Hau will have a salary of USD22,000 per month and if he performs well, SC Heerenveen buy him for a permanent contract at USD1.7 million.
After the contract, Hau is expected to make a start at a match between SC Heerenveen and Ajax on September 14.
Hanoi FC confirmed that a deal had been agreed for Doan Van Hau to join SC Heerenveen on loan.
According to the club, they have been discussing the contract with SC Heerenveen over the past two months.
“The key is that the Dutch club are committed to creating the maximum conditions for Van Hau to play because SC Heerenveen have watched the Hanoi FC defender closely for a long period of time. SC Heerenveen are confident that the left back is capable of playing in the Dutch league,” the club stated.
Hau started playing for the national team when he was 18. At 20, he had already won major tournaments including the AFF Cup in 2018 with the Vietnam national team and V. League championship with Hanoi FC last season.
After signing the contract, Hau will fly to Thailand to prepare for Vietnam’s clash with Thailand in World Cup 2020 qualifiers on September 5.
- Former Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Ross Wallace joins League One club
- Former Derby County striker signs for League Two club
- Preston North End defender Kevin O'Connor joins League Two side Crewe on loan
- Courtois: Today I fulfil a childhood dream and join the best club in the world
- Gordon Strachan defends Celtic board from criticism over club's signing policy
- Simon Hallett: Plymouth Argyle owner to become chairman of League One club
- Charlton Athletic: Bonus row with employees said to be 'blow' to sale of League One club
- This is why transfer deadline day is earlier for Pompey and other League One clubs this year
- Inter president to buy majority share of League One club
- South Yorkshire non-league football club committee member fighting for life after accident at work