The visit will be made at the invitation of Senior Lieutenant General Phan Van Giang, member of the Party Central Committee, permanent member of the Central Military Commission, Chief of the General Staff of the Vietnam People’s Army and Deputy Defense Minister.
|Politburo member, Chief of the General Staff and First Deputy Minister of the Cuban Ministry of the Revolutionary Armed Forces Senior Lieutenant General Álvaro López Miera. (Source: www.acn.cu)|
The Vietnam visit of the Cuban delegation aims to strengthen solidarity, friendship, and trust between the two nations in general and two militaries in particular, review outcomes of the implementation of the defense cooperation plan in the 2017-2019 period and discuss orientations for bilateral cooperation in the coming time.
After the visit, the Cuban delegation will attend the third Vietnam-Cuba Defense Policy Dialogue from September 17 to 21.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- John Kelly Warned Trump He’d Be impeached If His Next Chief of Staff Was a ‘Yes Man’
- No One Wants to be Trump's Chief of Staff Because the Job Sucks
- Chief of General Staff of Lao People’s Army visits Vietnam
- Donald Trump's acting chief of staff was kept in the dark about al-Baghdadi raid following disastrous press conference where he 'self-immolated' as he appeared to admit quid-pro-quo in Ukraine
- Home Secretary Priti Patel's chief of staff is 'escorted' from bar at the House of Commons after ‘police were called when he used abusive language towards other customers’
- Nicaraguan Foreign Minister visits Vietnam
- Two Indian naval ships visit Vietnam
- Trump's Nominee for Joint Chiefs of Staff Post Accused of Sexual Assault
- 32-Year VA Chief of Staff Out Amid ‘Travel Scandal’ That Looks Mighty Partisan
- May appoints former advisers as joint chiefs of staff