(Corrects issuer name to Huawei Investment Holdings from Huawei in paragraph 2)
By Sijia Jiang and Noah Sin
HONG KONG (Reuters) – Huawei Technologies parent plans to issue two tranches of bonds worth 3 billion yuan ($422 million) each, the first time it is tapping the onshore yuan bond market, the Chinese technology giant said in regulatory filings on Wednesday.
No issuance dates have been set for the three-year medium-term notes for the Chinese interbank market, according to the prospectus, which shows Huawei Investment Holdings has applied for approval to raise as much as 20 billion yuan.
“The bond market in China is developing rapidly…With this bond issuance, Huawei plans to tap into the Chinese bond market, diversify its financing channels and improve its overall financing plan,” a Huawei spokesman said.
The funds will be used to replenish working capital and invest in core businesses such as information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure, Huawei said.
The company is fighting a trade ban from Washington that threatens to cut its access to U.S. components and software on national security grounds. Huawei has repeatedly denied U.S. allegations of spying.
Despite U.S. sanctions since May, Huawei reported faster half-year revenue growth of 23% to 401.3 billion yuan in July. The unlisted firm made a net profit of 59.3 billion yuan on revenue of 721.2 billion yuan in 2018.
Huawei has four outstanding offshore US dollar bonds worth $4.5 billion in total, according to the filing.
($1 = 7.1164 Chinese yuan renminbi)
Reporting by Sijia Jiang and Noah Sin; Additional reporting by the Beijing Monitoring Desk. Editing by Bernadette Baum
- RIL plans to raise $2 billion foreign debt for capex
- Donald Trump might have blacklisted Huawei but that hasn’t halted its growth
- Huawei braces itself to withstand another year of strong headwinds
- Will Tory plans kill onshore wind in the UK?
- Manufacturing industry raises 1t yuan funds in 2019
- Will India allow Huawei to sell its 5G networking equipment in the country?
- Chinese developers' offshore bond pipeline meets firm new year demand
- Indonesia to issue dual-currency bonds worth 3.1 billion USD
- Bond market to attract more overseas capital
- China December new yuan loans seen lower but hitting record in 2019: Reuters poll
Corrected: Huawei plans first onshore bonds totalling 6 billion yuan have 376 words, post on www.reuters.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.