The 64-year-old Frenchman will lead Vietnam in the 2020 AFC U19 Championship qualifiers.
Vietnam are in Group J alongside Japan, Mongolia and Guam of the event which will start on November 2. Vietnam will be playing their first match against Guam on November 6.
|Coach Philippe Troussier|
To prepare for the tournament, Troussier plans to gather the U19 team for training from September 6. The training plan will include the participation in an international U19 event in Thailand from October 10-12 with the presence of Uzbekistan, the Republic of Korea and hosts Thailand.
Troussier has a long partnership with African football and particularly their national teams, managing Côte ’Ivoire, Nigeria, South Africa and Burkina Faso.
He was the head coach of the Japan national team between 1998 and 200, helping the Blue Samurai win the 2000 AFC Asian Cup and led them in the 2002 FIFA World Cup where they made it to the last-16 as the host nation.
Troussier is also technique director of the Promotion Fund of Vietnamese Football Talents Football Club (PVF).
- Kira Lewis is finalist for USA Basketball U19 team
- USF’s Ken Eriksen named coach of U.S. Olympic softball team
- Mike Bibby moves on from coaching for now, leads Ghost Ballers
- Rapids coach Anthony Hudson calls out his team. “We need some people to wake up.”
- Report: Lakers continue coaching interviews with expanded pool of team officials
- Girls softball coach charged with stealing $14K from team
- Meet the 2019 coaches Super All-State girls soccer team
- Steelers wide receivers coach Darryl Drake dies at 62, team says
- Danny Hay appointed coach of New Zealand men's team
- Flyers’ GM Chuck Fletcher makes case that new coach Alain Vigneault can quickly return team to playoff contention