Ca Mau (VNA) – Seeing tourism as a spearhead economy in the near future, the southern province of Ca Mau is working to promote renowned tourist attractions and local typical products, including eco-tourism, community-based tourism, among both domestic and foreign visitors.
Tours to the Ca Mau Cape National Park is among key tourism products of the province, giving tourists an opportunity to experience the diversity of the tropical mangrove forest in the UNESCO-recognised Ramsar Biosphere Reserve.
The local authorities have paid due attention to building cooperative brands for local typical products like Rach Goc dried shrimp, Nam Can crab, Hang Vinh shrimp crackers and Thoi Binh fish sauce.
Besides, the provincial People’s Committee has directed competent authorities to enhance investment promotion so as to attract capital for tourism resort complexes and eco-tourism sites, while improving human resources quality to create high-quality tourism services.
The province will organise a tourism week and inaugurate several works at the Dat Mui tourism site in later this year.
In the first eight months of 2019, the province welcomed more than 1 million visitors, up 15.1 percent year on year, accounting for 62.6 percent of the yearly plan. Tourism revenue reached over 1.67 trillion VND (72.1 million USD), increasing 10.7 percent from the same time last year, and making up 69.1 percent of the set target for the whole year.-VNA
- Global tourism stakeholders to convene at Vietnam’s largest international travel expo
- Brunei to invest more on tourism
- Tourism New Zealand staff site named one of world’s best
- PATA and Tourism Administration of Guangdong Province Sign MoU
- Frasers Hospitality expands in Middle East and Africa to tap into business and tourism growth
- Thai Tourism Industry invites Indian travel agents in three cities
- How far is tourism concentrated in Asia-Pacific?
- Confidence in tourism sector gradually picking up
- Ken Research: Rise in tourism coupled with surging smartphone users to foster future for Indonesia car rental market
- Hanoi approves ambitious logistics management and development proposal