The Hanoitimes – The draft Labor Code contains several inadequacies as it would cause a hiccup in the growth of manufacturing activities, which will lead to a fall in export turnover. Labor ministry proposes two options for next Tet break What benefits do Vietnamese laborers gain from ILO’s Convention 98? Rising labor costs erode Vietnam’s appeal to foreign investors Reducing regulatory working hours and introducing progressive overtime payment would impact businesses and their performance. These are the most debated issues in consultation with the Permanent Committee of the National Assembly on the draft Labor Code and at the workshop “Draft Labour Code: Unexpected impacts on the economy” held by the Central Institute for Economic Management (CIEM) in Hanoi on September 18. An overview of the workshop. Photo: Phuong Anh CIEM’s Director Nguyen Dinh Cung said that the scope of the Labor Code is huge and deeply impacts the local business environment as well as the nation’s economic competitiveness. According to some experts at the workshop, the draft Labor Code contains several inadequacies as it would cause a hiccup in the growth of manufacturing activities, which will lead to a fall in export turnover. At the workshop, many argued that… Read full this story
- Amendments to Australia's encryption laws stranded before election
- The Best Labor Day Sales Happening Right Now
- Best Labor Day deals (2018) – 4K TVs, laptops, and more
- What Brexit bill amendments will be voted on today?
- Sparks fly in French-language election debate
- 10-year-old bullfighter sparks French debate
- 10-year-old Mexican bullfighter sparks French debate
- California is Using Slave Labor to Fight the Wildfires
- Elizabeth Warren announces labor plan to empower workers and raise wages
- Building code protects
Amendments of Vietnam’s Labor Code debated have 284 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.