Vietnamese authorities have held first-instance trial for 219 corruption cases so far this year, involving 517 people with nine among them facing death and life-long sentences. The information was provided by Government Inspector General Le Minh Khai at a meeting of the National Standing Committee on Thursday. Government Inspector General Le Minh Khai Khai said that anti-corruption fight has continued being boosted with great determination from authorities. Investigations were expanded into many cases based on the principle of “no off-limit zones and no persons exempt, regardless of who they are.” The corruption investigation in many localities has even surpassed the schedule. Next year, the government will continue defining the fight against corruption as a national key task, focusing on dealing with harassment for people and enterprises and remove corrupted officials from state management agencies. Khai added that it is necessary to enhance anti-corruption activities nationwide based on the Anti-Corruption Law 2018. Vietnam needs to actively implement the United Nations Convention against Corruption as well as intensify international co-operation in this area.
- Punjab CM, others acquitted in multi-crore corruption case
- Delhi court summons former Orissa HC judge in corruption case
- Former Bangladesh PM Khaleda Zia gets 7 years in jail in corruption case
- Spanish Socialist old guard sentenced in corruption case
- Builder, 2 CAs to face trial as Madras HC refuses relief in CBI’s corruption case
- Brazilian activists occupy apartment at centre of Lula corruption case
- Dal-Roti Way: HRD Ministry Confirms UP Has Highest Number of Corruption Cases in Midday Meal Scheme
- 'Ajit Pawar doesn't need BJP to be cleared in corruption cases'
- Namibian court denies former fisheries minister bail in corruption case
- Pakistani ex-PM Nawaz Sharif gets 7-year jail term in corruption case: lawyers
214 corruption cases prosecuted this year have 283 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.