Vietnam won a gold, three silver and three bronze medals as well as an honourable mention at the 13th International Olympiad on Astronomy and Astrophysics that took place in Hungary from August 2 – 10.
The competition comprises of four exams – Theoretical exam, Data analysis Exam, Team competition and Observational exam in which questions concerning direct observation of the sky, in the real sky and in a planetarium.
It was attended by 254 contestants from 46 countries all over the world. All eight Vietnamese students are from the Hanoi – Amsterdam High School for the Gifted.-VNA
- Vietnam wins ASEAN's player, coach of the year awards
- Vietnam wins big at AFF Awards
- Vietnam wins five gold medals at Asia-Pacific math contest
- Astros' Yordan Álvarez is unanimous AL Rookie of the Year
- Astros' Justin Verlander, Kate Upton raise awareness for dog adoption
- Shooting: Sitting in a wheelchair - Ankur Das - bagged three gold medals at nationals
- Vietnamese athletes shine at Int’l Track & Field – Vietnam Open 2018
- Vietnam aims for four karate gold medals at SEA Games
- Vietnamese athletes win six golds at world bodybuilding championships
- Vietnamese martial artists win seven golds at World Beach Pencak Silat Champs