Deputy Foreign Minister Nguyen Quoc Dung (left) pays courtesy call on Singaporean Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan in Singapore on August 14, 2019
During the event, the two sides extensively discussed on bilateral cooperation as well as regional and international issues of common concerns.
They agreed to work together to further deepen the Viet Nam-Singapore strategic partnership through enhancing economic connectivity and making contributions to consolidate and promote ASEAN solidarity and centrality.
Both sides agreed to continue the exchange of delegations and contacts at all levels and across channels while promoting the effectiveness of the bilateral cooperation and consultation mechanisms.
They pledged to coordinate in fruitfully realizing the outcomes of the 14th meeting of their two economic ministers in Singapore last March, particularly in such fields like finance, information and communication, education and training, transport, investment, trade among others.
Singapore is the 3rd biggest foreign investor in Viet Nam with 2,000 valid projects worth nearly US$50 billion, partly thanks to the introduction of seven Viet Nam-Singapore industrial parks across Viet Nam.
The pair also vowed to foster coordination in strategic issues amid complicated developments in the region and the world and rising trade tensions.
Regarding recent developments in the East Sea, the sides underlined the significance of maintaining peace, stability, security, safety and freedom of navigation and aviation, calling for self-restraint and peaceful settlement of disputes on the basis of international law, including the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.
The two countries also called for full and effective implementation of the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea and accelerated negotiation efforts to reach a Code of Conduct in the East Sea that is effective and practical in line with international law.
Dung spoke highly of Singapore’s East Sea stance that reflects its role and responsibility for peace and stability in the region and for solidarity of the ASEAN Community.
On the occasion, Dung made courtesy call on Singaporean Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan who highlighted the significance of the Viet Nam-Singapore strategic ties for respective countries and for the solidarity and development of the ASEAN Community.
Balakrishnan also highly valued Viet Nam’s development achievements and its rising international position, expressing his belief that Viet Nam will successfully undertake the roles as ASEAN Chair in 2020 and non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council for 2020-2021 tenure.
- Vietnam, Singapore closer than ever after 45 years of ties
- Vietnam, Singapore deepen cooperative and strategic partnership
- HCM City to host Vietnam– Singapore Business Forum
- New momentum for Vietnam-Singapore strategic partnership
- Vietnam, Japan hold sixth defence policy dialogue
- Vietnam, Russia hold fourth defence strategy dialogue
- U.S. political consultant avoids jail time in case linked to Russia probe
- Politics Indian Coast Guard ship makes port call to Vietnam Singapore seizes record haul of pangolin scales enroute to Vietnam
- Ex-Brooklyn DA may have used $200K in forfeited funds for political consultant, report alleges
- Political consultant denies affair with Rep. Ilhan Omar