Vietnam’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang Vietnam’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang recently said, “China’s survey vessel Haiyang Dizhi 8 has violated Vietnam’s exclusive economic zone and continental shelf in the East Sea. The waters are under Vietnam’s sovereign right and jurisdiction as defined in UNCLOS, to which Vietnam and China are both signatories. The country has several times contacted China through different channels and sent diplomatic notes requesting that China end its violation, withdraw its vessels from Vietnamese waters, and respect Vietnam’s sovereign right and jurisdiction for the sake of bilateral relations, peace and stability in the region.” Sovereignty based international law Hang said Vietnamese authorized forces continue to exercise Vietnam’s sovereignty, sovereign right and jurisdiction through peaceful means in accordance with Vietnamese and international law. Doctor Tran Cong Truc, former Director of the government’s Border Affairs Committee, said Hang’s statement reflects Vietnam’s legal and political stance and its goodwill as a responsible member of UNCLOS. Mr. Truc said, “ Legally and politically, I think Vietnam clearly and firmly expresses its stance and goodwill through its diplomatic and maritime activities. What Vietnam has done so far has been good. Vietnam is managing a complicated problem.”… Read full this story
- A Chinese Alternative to Democracy? How Xi Jinping Is Positioning China To Be The World's Leading Superpower
- George H.W. Bush, as president and in other roles, was key figure in US and global affairs for decades
- Barack Obama, Stacey Abrams, John Kerry and Irshad Manji on How to Make America Great—Finally
- ‘I’m Like the Last Leaf of a Big Tree’: A Conversation With Jonas Mekas
- Ex-ambassador: Afghanistan deal is a surrender (Commentary)
Vietnam defends national interests by peaceful mean have 296 words, post on english.vov.vn at August 26, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.