With several incidents happening to Vietnamese travellers abroad, tourists are advised to buy travel insurance ahead of their trips. However, many travellers have not yet paid due attention to this type of insurance. Hot bloggers and Youtubers on July 23 shared a tragic story of a young man Nguyen Hoang Hieu Dan, who died during his trip to Bali islands in Indonesia while his parents could not afford to bring his remains home as he had bought no travel insurance. By the end of 2018, four tourists, including three Vietnamese, died while 12 others were injured during a bomb attack in Egypt. But the story was different as they were all compensated. The insurance company also took care of carrying the unlucky visitors’ remains home. According to the Law on Tourism, travel agents are required to buy global travel insurance for visitors taking outbound tours organised by the firms. However, the provision does not apply to independent travellers. Therefore, a lot of solo travellers do not opt for this type of insurance. The fee for travel insurance only accounts for a tiny part of tour price, which are only a few US cents per day for inbound tours and nearly… Read full this story
- Tips to buy motor insurance
- Fez turned me into a carpet blagger! Buying six rugs in three days at bargain prices on a mesmerising Moroccan adventure
- Insurance scam by Nepal's trekking, mountaineering agencies unearthed
- Body of missing British tourist found off Cambodia coast
- N.F.L. Hall of Famers Demand Health Insurance and Share of Revenue
- Big guns circle for Johnstons but Ards stopper urged to stay
- Big guns circle for Johnston but Ards stopper urged to stay
- Couple reveal they've been accused of 'child abuse' for taking their nine children out of school to travel the world - but insist the kids are 'all geniuses in their own way'
- Everything Indians Should Know About Car Insurance
- Should you buy a used car? We weigh the benefits
Tourists urged to buy travel insurance have 331 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 5, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.