The event was jointly organised by ASEAN Committee in Caracas and the embassy of Vietnam in Venezuela aiming to mark the 52nd founding anniversary of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
In his opening speech, Dao Thanh Chung, Vietnamese Ambassador to Venezuela, highlighted the milestones that ASEAN has reached over the last 52 years, the stable economic growth enjoyed by ASEAN members, and the group’s total GDP, which is estimated to be at US$2.6 trillion.
He also praised the benefits enjoyed since the implementation of the ASEAN Community Vision 2025.
Chung extended his sincere thanks to staff from ASEAN member embassies, in addition to Venezuela’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, who are taking part in the sports exchange in order to promote solidarity and friendship.
A team representing Venezuela’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs won the first prize at the ASEAN Invitational Bowling Tournament 2019.
Two teams from the embassies of Malaysia and Vietnam came in second and third place, respectively.
After the award presentation, visitors had the chance to sample some traditional food from Vietnam, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
- McGlinchey Stafford Promotes Three New Members in 2019
- Stites & Harbison promotes two to member
- Sherrard Roe promotes one to member
- GSRM promotes attorney to member
- Pence Announces US-ASEAN ‘Smart Cities Partnership’
- Who is Jim Boylen? Bulls Assistant Promoted to Interim Head Coach After Fred Hoiberg Firing
- Kevin Durant, Draymond Green Have Heated Exchange in Warriors Loss
- Boxing Federation controversy puts sport at risk in Olympics
- Bill Belichick-Adam Thielen exchange garners support from Patriots players
- Watch: Oakland Raiders Jon Gruden and Derek Carr engage in heated exchange on sideline