The conference in Vinh Long province on August 14 (Photo: VNA) Vinh Long (VNA) – The Southeastern and Mekong Delta regions together have contributed up to 63.7 percent of the national gross domestic product (GDP), Deputy Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Van Trung said on August 14. Speaking at a conference in Vinh Long province, the official said the Southeastern region has affirmed its locomotive role in national economic development, accounting for 45 percent of the national GDP. Meanwhile, the Mekong Delta plays a key role in ensuring national food security as it contributes half of the country’s total food output, nearly 70 percent of seafood export value and 90 percent of rice export volume. The Ministry of Planning and Investment reported that in the first six months of this year, the gross regional domestic product (GRDP) of the Southeastern region grew 7.9 percent, higher than the national average of 6.76 percent. Its budget collection was nearly 298.05 trillion VND (12.85 billion USD), fulfilling 49.73 percent of the yearly target, and export turnover hit 46.82 billion USD. The region expects to complete all socio-economic targets set in 2019, according to the ministry. However, disbursement of public investment capital remained slow, with… Read full this story
- Verizon sees 5G as growth engine as it adds Houston to 5G launch
- Delta Flight Makes Emergency Stopover on Alaska Island
- Oh, Man: Amazing Lancia 037 Rally Stradale and Delta S4 Stradale Bring Record Prices
- Delta Air Lines Says It Was Hit by Cyberattack
- Lawyer: Bloody Blanket Found With Dead Dog After Delta Flight
- Delta: On Long Flights, Leave Your Support Animal at Home
- Delta Grounds Planes, Citing 'Technology Issue'
- Maryland Man Accused of ISIS-Inspired Plot to Drive Stolen U-Haul Van Into Pedestrians at National Harbor
- US Economy Hit Brisk 4.2 Percent Growth in Q2, Best Rate in Nearly 4 Years
- Trump's Golan Statement Draws Strong Regional Condemnation
Southeastern, Mekong Delta regions – national growth engines have 301 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 14, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.