The province has set up a team to join at the Clipper 2019-20 World Yacht Race, aiming to promote local tourism, particularly the World Heritage Site of Ha Long Bay. The team now has 60 members who are all from 15 foreign countries.
Ha Long Bay-Vietnam team to compete at the Clipper 2019-20 World Yacht Race
Pham Ngoc Thuy, director of the provincial Department Tourism, on August 29, the Ha Long-Vietnam yacht team along 70 others would officially start the race which is scheduled to last for 11 months. They will travel through 14 ports across the world.
According to Thuy, it is not easy to find qualified captains for the event. They need to have good health, knowledge and experience and English proficiency.
“The province is trying to find a Vietnamese person to take part in at least part of the race. Earlier, the Danang team had the only Vietnamese member when attending the event,” Thuy added.
He noted that despite the team member being foreigners, they all will wear shirts with the Ha Long Bay-Vietnam logos.
China has competed at the race twice, but no Chinese person was included in the team.
The 2019 – 2020 Clipper Race starts in London and runs through Portimao in Portugal, Punta del in Uruguay, Cape Town in South Africa, Fremantle and Airlie Beach in Australia, Sanya in China, and New York in the US.
Ha Long Bay will be among the stops of the race.
- HCM City and Quang Ninh to representative Vietnam in AFC Cup
- Quang Ninh’s tourism enters period of sustainable development
- Quang Ninh tackles potential spread of corona virus infection
- Quang Ninh blocks entry of Chinese tourists over nCoV spread threat
- Quang Ninh welcomes first foreign visitors of Lunar New Year
- One more Vietnamese person tested positive to coronavirus
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins 65th World Cup race to cement overall lead
- World Cup 2019 Team: Bangladesh Include Injured Players In 15-Strong Squad
- Thousands of Chinese tourists enter Quang Ninh amid coronavirus scare
- HCM City FC, Quang Ninh to compete in AFC Cup