Bac Kan (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on August 24 attended a ceremony to mark the 70th anniversary of liberation of the northern province of Bac Kan (August 24, 1949-2019).
Speaking at the event, PM Phuc highlighted the significance of the ceremony, saying that it marks the 70-year historical journey of the struggle for national liberation, construction and development of the locality – a strong revolution base of Vietnam in the past.
He praised the strong and comprehensive development and crucial achievements recorded by the province and its integration efforts, describing these as important contributions to the national construction and defence.
The PM asked the local authorities to pay attention to addressing difficulties facing the province in education-training, health care, human resources development, poverty reduction, towards creating impetus for further promoting Bac Kan’s development.
The locality should fully tap its potential and strength, as well as mobilise and effectively use resources, accelerate economic restructuring, enhance application of science and technology in order to improve agricultural and forest productivity and quality, PM Phuc said.
Attention should be paid to expanding the development of mining, processing and manufacturing industries, handicraft sector, as well tourism and service, he added.
The leader also required the local authorities to focus on completing planning of transport infrastructure development, and policies of investment attraction; improving business environment, promoting administrative reform, building e-government; preventing corruption and reducing waste.-VNA
Comprehensive development is also done across fields of culture, society, health, education, training, environmental protection, he stressed.-VNA
- George H.W. Bush wishes wife Barbara a happy 70th anniversary on Twitter
- Happy Anniversary
- Steven Spielberg addresses Holocaust survivors at 70th anniversary of Auschwitz liberation, warns of growing anti-Semitism
- Survivors visit Auschwitz a day ahead of 70th anniversary of liberation by Soviet army (VIDEO)
- Vladimir Putin to attend 70th anniversary of D-Day with President Obama, Western leaders
- Bronx High School of Science Unveils New Holocaust Museum on Friday, 70th anniversary of Warsaw ghetto uprising
- Jewish leader implores politicians to prevent another Auschwitz during 70th anniversary commemoration
- Obama visits Omaha Beach on 70th anniversary of World War II’s D-Day
- Japanese leader Shinzo Abe stops short of apologizing for World War II on 70th anniversary of surrender
- Queens vet Aaron Chabin expects to see fewer pals at 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor attack