On Sunday, Vy Thi Yen, 32, from Bu Dang District’s Thong Nhat Commune who was in the seventh month of pregnancy faced some signs of premature birth, including serious bellyache. Her family hired a seven-seat car to bring her to the local Medical Centre for checks-up. Doctors there urged her to go to a better hospital as she was weak.
Yen’s child died on the road to hospital after she was refused a lift by the driver (photo by VietnamNet)
After that, Yen’s husband asked the driver to carry him and his wife to Dong Xoai General Hospital which is some 50 kilometre from the commune’s medical centre. However, when the car travelled around five kilometres, Yen began to go into labour.
At that time, the driver requested the couple to get out of his car. He laid a piece of nylon roadside for Yen to lie down and then left. Right after that, Yen gave birth to a baby boy, and it wasn’t until an hour later that her family could get another car to take her and her child to hospital. But, the child died on the way there.
The driver’s behaviour stirred public outrage.
According to Vy Van Huan, Yen’s brother, said that “The driver just wanted to avoid seeing Yen in labour as he claimed it would bring him bad luck, so he refused to transport her. So he left my sister lying down on a wet road following the rain.”
Huan added that the driver had paid Yen’s family VND50 million (USD2,173) as supposed compensation for her tragic loss.
- How to Know Rashi of New Born Baby
- Tips To Follow While Visiting A New Born Baby
- Summer Tips For The New Born
- Ban on plasma transfusions from British donors for people born after 1996 may be LIFTED as official review claims the chances of catching 'mad cow disease' is just five million to one
- William Hughes, longtime New Jersey congressman, dies at 87
- Royal baby update: Meghan Markle's hospital birth revealed
- New wine and cheese shop from Goodnight Hospitality opens in Montrose
- Inside Meghan Markle's lavish New York baby shower
- EastEnders gave a special shoutout to new royal baby Archie
- 'Saaho' new song 'Baby Won’t You Tell Me' to be out today!