|National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan lands at Don Mueang airport for her official trip to Thailand from August 25-30.|
The visit is being made at the invitation of Chuan Leekpai, Speaker of the House of Representatives of Thailand and also Chair of AIPA 40.
Welcoming guests at Don Mueang airport included high-ranking Thai officials, Vietnamese Ambassador to the host country Nguyen Hai Bang alongside embassy staff and overseas Vietnamese community representatives.
The AIPA 40 will run the theme of “Advancing Parliamentary Partnership for Sustainable Community” and will see the top Vietnamese legislator receive the rotary AIPA chairmanship from Chuan Leekpai.
|The top Vietnamese legislator greets welcoming guests at the airport.|
Ngan’s participation at the AIPA 40 affirms the Vietnamese NA’s role and position in the organization, as well as Vietnam’s active and responsible engagement in the building an ASEAN Community of peace, prosperity and sustainability.
On the sidelines of the conference, the NA Chairwoman will have a host of bilateral meetings with AIPA 40 attending delegation heads.
The official visit to the Kingdom of Thailand by the Vietnamese NA leader aims to deepen the cooperative relations between the two legislatures, thereby strengthening the strategic partnership between the two countries and to discuss orientations to step up bilateral cooperation in economic – trade – investment, security – defence, labor cooperation transportation and connection, culture- sports-tourism and cooperation among localities.
Within the framework of the visit, Ngan is scheduled to hold talks with Thai leaders, review the outcomes of cooperation between the two nations, and compare notes on measures to augment bilateral cooperation at regional and international forums, as well as on a number of regional and international issues of shared concern.
- NA Chairwoman meets with outstanding intellectuals, scientists
- Vesak 2019 helps promote Vietnam’s image: NA Chairwoman
- Vice President Ngoc Thinh begins visit to Laos
- Vietnam-Thailand strategic partnership flourishes
- 40th AIPA General Assembly opens in Thailand
- NA optimistic about Vietnam’s economic growth in 2018
- VN legislator’s visit enhances Vietnam-US Comprehensive Partnership
- Activists Demand Thailand Release Refugee Soccer Player
- Politics Canadian PM Justin Trudeau to visit Vietnam next week Simplicity of life in Vietnam
- US President Donald Trump to visit UK in June