As of July 27, Ayeyarwady region registered highest number of infection cases with 1,974 cases and five deaths, followed by Yangon region with 1,788 cases and 15 deaths, the department’s figures showed.
In 2018, a total of 187 people died of the mosquito-borne disease in connection with 3,649 cases in Myanmar.
Dengue fever mostly occurs in the rainy season from June to August in the Southeast Asian country.
People are warned to take preventions against the dengue transmission as lack of sanitation, unhygienic water storage are blamed for causing the infectious disease.-VNA
- Mosquito-borne illness advisory issued in Hillsborough Co. after confirmed case of dengue fever
- HCM City sees sharp rise in dengue fever incidence
- Suicide bombers kill 48 in Afghan attacks
- Complete Information on Dengue fever with Treatment and Prevention
- Hillsborough Health Officials Confirm Local Dengue Fever Case
- Class canceled at three schools Monday due to Dengue fever
- Our View: Do what you can to prevent dengue fever
- Our View: Don't try to sugarcoat dengue fever outbreak
- France reports first ever native case of dengue fever
- Porpoises killed by infected seal bites