JERMAINE Pennant is starring in the newest series of E4’s Celebs Go Dating – but the former Celebrity Big Brother star left fans less than impressed with his recent behaviour on the show.
Viewers watched on as the footballer tried to mend his broken marriage with wife, Alice, 33, by suggesting that they start a family. So what else is there to know about the former Arsenal champ?
What’s happened to Jermaine on Celebs Go Dating?
Jermaine and his wife underwent therapy together on the seventh series of Celebs Go Dating on E4.
Apparently, the couple had been working on their marriage problems since the former footballer betrayed his wife while on Celebrity Big Brother in 2018.
In shock scenes the love rat Jermaine failed to tell his housemates he was married before writing “I like you” in eyeliner to kidnapped model Chloe Ayling.
He spoke about the incident on Celebs Go Dating, saying: “I was on a show and a scenario occurred where I was flirting. I overstepped the mark a little bit and wasn’t thinking about the consequences. I said I wasn’t married.”
Jermaine asked Alice if she was open to the idea of starting a family with him, but it seemed as if the two were on different pages as far as their relationship stood.
Alice continued: “This is probably another example of where we differ, Jermaine is happy to have a child despite the fact we haven’t ironed out our issues.
“After everything we’ve been through I just really need to know we’ve dealt with all our problems before we take the next step.”
Following their dinner on Celebs Go Dating, Alice appeared open to “practising” for babies after placing Jermaine in the good books.
How old is Jermaine Pennant?
Born on January 15, 1983, Jermaine Pennant is 36 years old.
He was born in The Meadows area of Nottingham.
The star has been banned from driving on more than one occasion after driving in the wrong lane, drink-driving, driving while disqualified and with no insurance.
In 2018, it was revealed he had signed up for Celebrity Big Brother.
On September 4, Pennant was kicked out of the house – after a somewhat controversial stint.
Who has Jermaine played for?
Starting his career as a trainee at Notts County, Pennant enjoyed a two-decade career that took him from Birmingham to Billericay.
He earned a big move to Arsenal in 1999 and spent six years in North London, although the majority was out on loan.
After joining Birmingham in 2006 his career took off with a move to Liverpool seeing him light up the Premier League under the tutelage of Rafa Benitez.
He got a runners-up medal for the Reds 2007 Champions League heartache and was part of the Stoke side that lost the 2010 FA Cup final.
In the final years of his career Pennant travelled around the world, turning out for Pune City in India, Tampines Rovers in Singapore and finally for non-league outfit Billericay Town.
He failed to get an England cap but did play for the under-21s.
In 2005, Pennant played with an electronic tag on his leg following a drink-driving conviction.
Who is his wife Alice Goodwin?
Pennant married glamour model Alice Goodwin in May 2014.
When Pennant left Billericay Town, Alice stuck the boot into the club, describing it as a “vicious illegal circus”.
The model blasted on Twitter: “Jermaine left the club a month ago because he doesn’t want to be involved in the vicious illegal circus run by you all.
“Good attempt at more press.”
The couple don’t have any children.
Pennant’s exes include Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe and glamour model Amii Grove.
He has a son named Trey, born in August 2010, from his relationship with former fiancee Lara Murphy.
Although after his flirting in CBB their marriage seemed to be on the rocks, wife Alice welcomed him back home after he was caught sneaking into a hotel with Chloe Ayling at 5am.
Have the couple split up?
Jermaine told The Sun they broke up after a furious row when Alice refused to have a baby “as soon as possible”.
The football star revealed the couple went into meltdown over the question of having their first child.
What did his book say about Ashley Cole?
The former Arsenal winger released a bombshell book in 2018 called Mental: Bad Behaviour, Ugly Truths and the Beautiful Game.
Pennant’s book has some explosive details about Premier League players and their antics in the early 2000s.
He might have played just 12 games for Arsenal in his time there, but was big pals with England star Ashley Cole – and reveals that the pair used to engage in threesomes.
Serialised by The Mirror, he wrote in his book: “The number of times Ashley Cole and I had threesomes!
“He lived in Canary Wharf and I forget the girl’s name now, but we brought her back and she was just up for it.
“We were high-fiving each other over her back. We had a little tea break and then went at it again. They just don’t care.”
LATEST ON JERMAINE
Celebs Go Dating fans despair as Dan Osborne offers Jermaine Pennant advice
Celebs Go Dating’s Jermaine Pennant says it’s his mum’s fault he cheated
Inside Jermaine Pennant’s home with gaudy four-poster bed
‘bin him off’
Celebs Go Dating fans beg Jermaine Pennant’s wife Alice to leave him
Love rat Jermaine Pennant slams CBB for nearly destroying his marriage
He also goes on to describe how players would play a game based on Monopoly when trying to pick up women on nights out.
Pennant wrote: “We used to call it Monopoly. You have your properties, all different standards. You’ve got Mayfair and Old Kent Road (the lower standard – no one wants to be there). Most of the lads were involved.
“If I slept with any girl and then any of the other lads slept with her afterwards, they would have to pay me ‘rent’: if she was Mayfair, they would have to pay me £100; for Old Kent Road it would be £14.”
- Danielle Lloyd posts sweet photo of her sleeping kids... while ex Jamie O'Hara is 'still waiting to hear' when he can see his sons following CBB eviction
- How 11-year-old sister who lost three siblings in horrific Oatlands crash convinced her devastated parents to celebrate their first Christmas since their family was shattered by drugged driver
- EastEnders' Ian Beale's unlucky love life as Adam Woodyatt leaves wife after 22 years
- The celeb kids we rarely see despite their parents’ fame – from Chloe Sims’ teen to Rochelle Humes’ lookalike girls
- Barbara Windsor said she stood by husband Ronnie during his murder trial… but couldn’t stand his cheating
- Matthew McConaughey’s mom wouldn’t let cops cover dad’s naked body after he died during sex to flaunt ‘Big Jim’ nickname
- Roger Stone says he found out about his pardon from watching Fox News as he thanks Donald Trump and is granted clemency along with 28 others including Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner's father who hired a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law
- Whoopi Goldberg reveals she initially REJECTED Steven Spielberg's offer for her to star in The Color Purple because she thought the lead role was 'too big'
- How Blue overcame turbulent 20 years filled with booze-fuelled sex scandals, sofa-surfing, bankruptcy & rehab
- Josie Gibson on Christmas, Twitter trolls & what’s going on with Eamonn & Ruth
- Where former Coronation Street stars now - shameful axing, cheese making and tragedies
- 'Every minute of every day was incredibly tough': Ulrika Jonsson gets emotional as she talks about her divorce from third husband Brian Monet for the first time
Did Jermaine Pennant cheat on wife Alice Goodwin, do they have kids and when was he on Celebrity Big Brother? have 1321 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 21, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.