Nguyen Van Duc who is now 19 years old has been living with the disease for five years. He has been taken to leading hospitals, including Bach Mai and Viet Duc hospitals, in Hanoi for the treatment.
The boy has has been saved from pulmonary Langerhans’ cell histiocytosis thanks to a donation of Dantri/DTiNews readers
Nguyen Thi Thuan, Duc’s mother, from Hong Quang Commune, Thanh Mien District, recalled hard days to take the boy to hospital despite the family’s financial difficulties. Duc’s father had to come to Hanoi to work as a builder with a small income of VND5 million (USD217.39) per month to support his wife to take care of their son. Sometimes, without money to buy meals, they even had to abstain from food. In the middle of 2018, the boy’s condition worsened. Doctors at Bach Mai Hospital believed he could only live for a short time. His family even prepared a photo for his funeral. At that time, luckily, doctors informed of a donated lung which suited Duc. The transplant fees were very costly. Meanwhile, the couple could borrow VND11 million. Once again, they were disappointed. After the article about Duc’s condition was published on Dantri/DTiNews, many readers donated him VND800 million (USD34,782) for the transplant. Following eight-month intensive care, the boy’s heart and liver functions have recovered, while the lung has become much better without any infection.
- 7 Ways You Can Help Save YouTube From Itself
- Tom Holland Recalls Drunk Call That Helped Save Spider-Man
- Tom Holland Was A Little Drunk When He Helped Save Spider-Man's MCU Future
- Medical Professionals Using Life-Like Patient Simulator That Bleeds, Cries And Speaks To Help Save Lives
- A phone call with drunk Tom Holland helped save Spider-Man's relationship with the MCU
- Scientists Gave One of the World’s Rarest Bats a Manicure to Help Save It
- Parents demand answers after hospital sent their baby boy home with Panadol to treat his 'teething' - only for him to die from meningitis
- Apps that let you share your items for cash - and you can save £779 a year
- 'I save $800 a month': Account executive, 28, on a $60k salary reveals the money tricks that have helped her put away $33,000 - but admits her parents pay her phone bill
- E-cig smoker diagnosed with rare lung scarring commonly found in metal workers