CORRIE favourite Alison King is engaged to her long-term partner, I can reveal.
My sources say the actress, who has played Carla Connor on the soap since 2006, is celebrating after her mystery fella popped the question earlier this month.
Friends in the cast, including Jane Danson and Kym Marsh, are said to be delighted at the news as Alison starts to plan her wedding.
One said: “Ali is so popular with everyone on the cobbles. They think it’s wonderful.
“The engagement is a lovely surprise. Ali is over the moon.”
From 2007 to 2012, Alison dated Coronation Street sound technician Adam Huckett.
They have a daughter together and got engaged in Paris in 2011 but split the following year.
Since then she has gone on to date her new mystery man, pictured with Alison, with the pair being spotted arm in arm on nights out.
My source said: “Ali has obviously endured heartache in the past. But she is hoping those days are now firmly behind her. She is very excited about what the future holds.”
Clearly love is in the air in Weatherfield, as I also hear Alan Halsall is poised to pop the question to former co-star Tisha Merry, who played waitress Steph Britton.
They were spotted cuddling at the wedding of another Corrie cast member — Sam Aston, who plays Chesney Brown.
And Sam’s nuptials seem to have got Alan thinking about his next move.
A source close to the actor said: “Alan and Tisha are pretty inseparable. It’s lovely to see them happy. Alan’s closest pals are sure an engagement is right around the corner.”
Alan, Tisha and his five-year-old daughter with Lucy-Jo are currently on holiday in Greece. The actor, who plays mechanic Tyrone Dobbs, posted two photos on Instagram of them enjoying their luxury resort, captioning one: “#Happiness.”
With neither of Tisha’s hands visible in the photos, I wonder if she might be sporting a ring already . . .
READ ON FOR MORE OF LAURA ARMSTRONG’S BIZ ON SUNDAY COLUMN
Maur blimey! Higgins sizzles
Maura, who has just started her new job as an agony aunt on ITV’s This Morning, let her hair down at Pure nightclub in Bexleyheath, Kent, over the weekend.
While she dressed in black, former villa pal Molly-Mae Hague was in pink and orange for the launch of the new Bloomsbury Street Kitchen in central London.
The influencer, who left her boy-friend Tommy Fury at home, showed off her abs in the crop top and trouser ensemble.
But after watching eight weeks of the girls just in bikinis, I now hardly recognise them with clothes on.
Taylor dumps on Trump
TAYLOR Swift can’t launch an album without taking a swipe at somebody.
This time, the superstar has stuck it to Donald Trump.
On a track called The Man, from her new album Lover, Taylor delivers a damning assessment of the US President and his often fuzzy relationship with the truth.
The song’s lyrics include: “I’d be a fearless leader. I’d be an alpha type. When everyone believes ya – what’s that like?” The chorus includes further less-than-glowing comments about Trump’s presidency and his controversial views.
A source said: “During a recent album playback in London, Taylor played the song and had to leave the room. She was in tears. Everyone got pretty emotional.
“It’s her most personal track ever and a love letter to her mum.”
Jamie ‘will drop the MIC on Strictly’
Sam told me this week: “I’m sure Jamie is going to absolutely smash it. He’s very charismatic and he’s a great bloke, so I think everyone will love him.”
The pair have remained pals since Sam left the cast of the E4 show last year.
Jaime, inset, gushed after being unveiled in the Strictly line-up: “The only person potentially more thrilled is my mother. I have finally become the son she hoped for!”
Sam, who is dating Louis Tomlinson’s sister Lottie, has left behind the glamour of telly to set up his own social media company, The Click Collective.
He might not spend so much time drinking champagne now but it sounds like Sam has plenty to celebrate.
Meryl Streep slapped me on the a**e at one point
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again star Josh Dylan is living the high life
Outnumbered star’s number is 007
TYGER Drew-Honey shot to fame in Outnumbered but has a different figure in mind – 007.
He said: “I’d like people to say, ‘That’s James Bond’ rather than ‘the kid from Outnumbered’.”
Tyger makes his stage debut in hit play Posh, about Oxford’s notorious Bullingdon Club. But he wasn’t worried about learning his lines. Speaking at Cats Protection’s National Cat Awards, he said: “I don’t have a particular trick. It just happens to be something I’m really good at.”
Iggy’s glowing to get noticed
WHOEVER is calling Iggy Azalea, it’s not the dull-clothes police.
The Fancy singer wore this bright-red ball gown in a photoshoot for Cosmopolitan mag. The Aussie, whose new album In My Defense was out last month, also posed in a pink Barbie-style suit to match her exuberant locks.
She’ll never get run over.
Cara gave wedding clue
CARA Delevingne hinted she had tied the knot before her hush-hush wedding was revealed in The Sun on Sunday.
We told last week how Cara had secretly got hitched to Pretty Little Liars star Ashley Benson in Las Vegas earlier this year.
But the model gave a clue to her newlywed status when she was asked last month in an interview if she was ready to make a lifelong commitment to a partner.
She laughed: “Oh my gosh, yes. I mean, always.”
Cara also talked about the sexier side of her upcoming Amazon fantasy drama series Carnival Row, which co-stars Orlando Bloom. She said: “The subject matter is serious and very real. It’s death and there’s violence.
“So if you miss the sexiness, where’s the light? It’s necessary to the storylines.
“And it’s not objectifying at all. It’s beautiful and amazing.
“Where would the fun be (without it)?”
Liam hoping his career is about to take a dive
IF you have ever wondered what to get the man who has everything, Liam Gallagher might have the answer.
The former Oasis rocker says he wants his latest album Why Me? Why Not to do well because he wants to buy a submarine – presumably a yellow one. And Liam reckons he can get one at a knockdown price. He said: “I am saving up for a submarine, so fingers crossed the album goes well.
“I’m not sure how much they are (but) I’m sure I could get one on the cheap.
most read in bizarre
£60m Declan Donnelly discovers long-lost cousins who are richer than him
Victoria sends Adele designer clothes which stop at size 16 after 3st weight loss
PRANKLY I DON’T GIVE A DAMN
Why Simon Brodkin has no guilt at pranking May, Trump & Kanye
MURDER MOST FOWLER?
EastEnders’ Martin waves round a GUN during violent Christmas scenes
Emma Watson says she’s ‘self-partnered’ as she coins new terms for being single
MATCH OF THE PAYDAY
Gary Lineker’s family history doc to go head-to-head with Ant and Dec’s
“I’m going to buy a second-hand one anyway. I like submarines, yeah.
“They just nip about, you know what I mean? They can’t get you then, can they? People with their selfies and that.”
When asked why he doesn’t just hide in his car, Liam joked: “No, no, no. I give cars away – in divorces. I collect them and give them to my ex-wife. Aren’t I a nice person?”
- GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
- Coronation Street's Tracy Barlow 'set for a steamy lesbian romp with Sophie Webster's ex Paula... and her daughter Amy bribes the lawyer to keep quiet'
- Coronation Street SPOILER: Daniel Mallard is overcome with emotion as he kneels by wife Sinead's grave to bid her farewell at funeral following tragic cancer death
- Coronation Street's Rob Mallard braves the rain as he films Sinead Tinker's funeral following his on-screen wife's heartbreaking death scenes
- British Soap Awards 2019: Corrie's Lucy Fallon narrowly avoids a wardrobe malfunction in a deeply plunging white gown as she leads the bleary-eyed departures from glitzy afterparty
- 'My heart is truly broken' Emmerdale star Leah Bracknell's widower shares emotional tribute to late wife... and likens the loss of his 'best friend' to 'a raw, primal, timeless wound'
- Scrummy guide to the battle of the giants: On Saturday morning, England's muscle-bound rugby heroes tackle Australia in the World Cup quarter final. Here, we meet the hunks - and their better halves
- Hollyoaks' Nadine Mulkerrin shows off her baby bump in a white tank top and leggings... after announcing she is nearly five months pregnant with her first child
- TV Choice Awards 2019: Olivia Attwood dares to bare in sheer lace gown as she joins TOWIE co-star Shelby Tribble
- Vogue Williams flaunts her washboard abs in a slinky mustard bikini and dotes on baby son Theodore as she and husband Spencer Matthews enjoy sun-soaked family getaway to the South of France
- Ready fur us? Plucky seal gives seal a frosty reception in stunning image from Sir David Attenborough's new series Seven Worlds... as he warns against blight of 'waste' and says humans have made a tragic, desperate mess' of the planet
- 'We're an open wound': São Paulo's underground music scene
- Ready fur us? Sir David Attenborough writes about singing rhinos, cute monkeys and more ahead of his new BBC series celebrating the seven continents' most astonishing wildlife
- Di-namite! Diana rose from the ashes of her marriage in spectacular fashion thanks to an army of personal trainers, healers, therapists and designers. Here, those who watched it happen reveal how she did it
- We watched all eight
- Edited Transcript of KO earnings conference call or presentation 18-Oct-19 12:30pm GMT
- Idea Fest
- Restrictions on press freedom have gone too far
- A human rights activist, a secret prison and a tale from Xi Jinping's new China
- Edited Transcript of UHS earnings conference call or presentation 25-Oct-19 1:00pm GMT
- Joyce Carol Vincent: How could this young woman lie dead and undiscovered for almost three years?
Coronation Street favourite Alison King who plays Carla Connor is engaged to her mystery long-term partner have 1824 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 10, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.