The British Council has announced three recipients who will enjoy financial support from the Cultural Heritage for Inclusive Growth project. A workshop held in Hanoi under the project Future of Tradition. — Photo courtesy of British Council The two-year pilot initiative in Colombia, Kenya and Vietnam aims to explore the use of cultural heritage for growth to benefit all levels of society. Three recipients from the project’s Phase 3 are musicians Ngo Hong Quang and beatboxer Trung Bao; film critic Le Hong Lam; and filmmakers Le My Cuong and Thanh Nguyen. Quang and Bao’s “See the Sound” is a multi-media project including documentary, a publication and various community events. Traditional musician Quang and underground hip-hop beatboxer Bao will work together exploring memory and identity through parallel creative journeys in traditional Vietnamese music and hip-hop. Saigon Cinema 1954-1975 by Lam will research the films and filmmakers of the pre-1975 period in southern Vietnam. The project includes a book release and a screening programme of restored cinematic works. Cuong and Nguyen in co-operation with Vietnam Television will follow a tuong (traditional opera) troupe as they travel and perform through the Mekong River Delta to make a documentary. The recipients are among 15… Read full this story
- Royal Ascot: a Week-Long Celebration of British Horse-Racing and Culture
- How climate change puts our cultural heritage at risk
- First look at British Airways' A319 painted in heritage BEA livery
- British councils speculate to accumulate. Are they out of their depth?
- (Yonhap Interview) Jus2 seeks departure from GOT7 with R&B album 'Focus'
- The Gardening Show as Cozily Addictive as “The Great British Bake Off”
- Trump’s Tax Cut Won’t Power the Growth He Predicts, Officials Concede
- The Passamaquoddy Reclaim Their Culture Through Digital Repatriation
- Why is reading in the pub so enjoyable? In praise of a very British pastime
- Economic Council's Hassett: Trump Growth Is Sustainable
British Council project focuses on cultural heritage growth have 317 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 12, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.