The two-day festival was held at Mandalay Convention Centre in Myanmar’s second largest city.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Union Minister for International Cooperation of Myanmar U Kyaw Tin said the festival aims to introduce cuisine from ASEAN countries and China, Japan, the Republic of Korea and India.
It was also to promote development of Myanmar’s tourism sector, he added.
Under the theme “The authentic flavour of the east”, over 160 food counters and souvenirs booths which represent ASEAN countries were exhibited at the festival.
Cookery demonstrations by the Myanmar Chefs Association and Myanmar Bartenders Association also featured at the event.
The festival was jointly organised by Myanmar Hotels and Tourism Ministry, the country’s Restaurant Association and Mandalay Region Government.-VNA
- FIFA kicks Myanmar out of 2018 WCup qualifying
- PM Phuc arrives in Bangkok for 35th ASEAN Summit
- Myanmar thrown out of 2018 WC qualifying
- Fan violence stops World Cup qualifier in Myanmar
- For Busy Travel Week, Sea-Tac Plans Festivities
- Fletcher lifted by festive win
- Hester not too festive; Isn’t in mood to celebrate record-tying return after defeat
- Ireland fans in festive spirit before Spain clash
- Wilder filled with festive joy
- Vikings-Saints ‘encore’ kicks off NFL season