Air traffic controllers at Noi Bai Airport (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – Lasting a maximum of two hours, the shift of an air traffic controller is strenuous and full of pressure. Any distractions or mistakes could result in the deaths of hundreds of passengers. The air traffic controllers are responsible for safe, orderly and expeditious flow of air traffic by organising orders of airplanes and controlling their distances between each other when they take off and land at the airports. The 88-metre-high Air Traffic Control Centre building at Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi, the tallest in Vietnam and Southeast Asia, is surrounded by glass where air traffic controllers can have a view of the runway and airplane parking area. They exchange flight information with pilots via radio to monitor position, speed and altitude of airplanes. Nguyen Ngoc Quang, head of the Noi Bai Air Traffic Control Centre, said the airplanes are assigned to land in specific spaces to ensure distance between airplanes. The controllers will be notified if the airplanes land in the wrong area. The minimum safe distance between two airplanes is five miles or 9.3km. “At Noi Bai Airport, the air space division is done very well,… Read full this story
- Air Traffic Control (ATC) Equipment Market To Grow USD 4.23 Billion by 2020:Grand View Research, Inc
- Air Traffic Control (ATC) Equipment Market To 2020 – Industry Analysis,: Grand View Research
- Air Traffic Control (ATC) Equipment Market To 2020 – Industry Analysis, Trends: Grand View Research.
- Air Traffic Control (ATC) Equipment Market To 2020 – Industry Trends: Grand View Research,
- Air traffic control boss 'Mr Mintie' stalked trainee, asked for kisses
- Farmers wanting to disrupt air traffic ‘barking up wrong tree’
- Global Air Quality Control Systems Market 2016: Industry Analysis, Statistics, Reviews and Forecast
- The traffic control department conducted several remediation actions
- Armenia, Georgia see growth in volumes of air traffic
- China – Israel air traffic increases
Air traffic controllers face strain with rising flights have 317 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 22, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.