It announced on July 19 positive business results for the first six months of the year despite fierce competition in the telecom market which is entering a saturation period.
Accordingly, its consolidated revenue reached 110 trillion VND, up 7.4 percent from the same period last year.
Revenue from local telecommunications saw a 2.9 percent rise from the corresponding period last year to reach 70 trillion VND. Its main momentum for growth was revenue for 4G services with data growth of 17.5 percent year-on-year.
In addition, the launch of a new data package with preferentials, double broadband to customers and implementing its largest customer care service Viettel to nearly 70 million users also contributed to the high growth.
Especially, Viettel had the largest number of customers registered for mobile number portability (MNP) services by the end of June this year, accounting for 53 percent of total demand in the market. The MNP service allows users to change networks but retain the same phone number.
On May 10, Viettel was the first telecom company in Vietnam to successfully test a 5G network.
Its total revenue from overseas markets reached 19 trillion VND, up 35.4 percent from the same period last year. Its profit from the markets met 452 percent of the year’s set target at 1.8 trillion VND.
The group’s Myanmar market which recently came into operation saw positive results as its brand – Mytel – became the third largest telecom provider in the country.
In the first half of the year, Viettel established three new corporations focusing on digital technology including Viettel Cyber Security, Viettel High Technology Industries Corporation and Viettel Digital Corporation. – VNA
- Why Non-Profits Should Blog
- Earn Millions With Affiliate Marketing
- Do You Know the Four Simple Steps to Writing Successful Grants For Your Non-Profit Group?
- What Do Executives Say Are the Greatest Unmet Needs in Not-for-profit Leadership?
- 6 Steps to Gain Profits in FOREX Trading
- AUD, USD Rallied on Surprise Interest Rate Cut
- Do You Feel Like a Fundraising Post Turtle?
- USD Vs GBP - Rising Or Declining Trends For Forex Trading?
- Open Source For Non-Profits
- High Ticket Selling - How to Get Rich Online and Make Million Dollar Income