|All six Vietnamese students win medals at International Maths Olympiad (Photo: Ministry of Education and Training)
The medal haul includes two golds and four silvers.
The two gold medals went to Nguyen Nguyen from the University of Science’s High School for Gifted Students under the Vietnam National University in HCM City, and Nguyen Thuan Hung from Tran Phu High School for Gifted Students in Hai Phong.
The four silver medals were awarded to Phan Minh Duc from Hanoi – Amsterdam High School for Gifted Students, Vu Duc Vinh from Phan Boi Chau High School for Gifted Students in Nghe An province, Vuong Tung Duong from the Vinh Phuc High School for Gifted Students in Vinh Phuc province, and Nguyen Kha Nhat Long from the University of Science’s High School for Gifted Students under the Vietnam National University in Hanoi.
The Vietnamese delegation are expected to touch down at Noi Bai International Airport on July 23.
At this year’s event, the IMO saw the participation of contestants from 110 countries from across the world. With a six-medal haul, Vietnam was among the top 10 leading countries in the entire competition. Making up the rest of the top 10 were China, the United States, the Republic of Korea, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK), Thailand, Russia, Singapore, Serbia, and Poland.
- Students Win Bet, Get Teacher To Make Final Exam About
- TechnologyOne touts $15m student wins
- Almost Always Win the Game
- Student seeks internship with shot-for-shot 'Tonight Show' intro
- American Team Wins
- Q&A: Using game-design principles to produce better students, employees
- Maryam Mirzakhani, the Only Woman to Have Ever Won a Fields Medal, Has Died at 40
- Art event brings together 120 international, local artists
- Students Kickstart their Career with Kaplan in Singapore
- How Tippi Hedren Jump-Started the Vietnamese Nail Salon Monopoly